- This event has passed.
GLA:D Back – January 15 to March 13 – In Person
February 14 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
The GLA:D™ Back Program is led by our Exercise Specialists.
SPPCN is teaming up with the Alberta Back Care Pathway to offer a GLA:D™ Back Program in October.
The GLA:D™ Back program is an evidence-based treatment program for individuals with persistent and/or recurrent back pain that negatively affects their everyday life and function. The purpose of GLA:D™ Back is to help patients manage their back pain themselves through a well-described and structured course of treatment.
The program was developed by researchers and clinicians at the University of Southern Denmark. In Canada, GLA:D™ Back is currently available in Alberta (GLA:D Back Alberta) under license to the University of Alberta which is responsible for the certification of GLA:D providers as well as the GLA:D Back patient registry.
Referring to SPPCN’s GLA:D Back Program
- To refer patients to SPPCN’s GLA:D Back Program, physicians need to register for the program. To begin the registration process, please contact Dr. Greg Kawchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All back pain patients will have treatment recommendations provided based on their screening category.
- Eligible patients will participate in a group-based program that offers:
- an individual assessment
- group education sessions
- 16 guided group exercise classes
- a final assessment.
Our Team Includes:
- your family doctor
- our Exercise Specialists
How it works:
It is offered in-person at the SPPCN office in Sherwood Park.
- 8-week program
- two in-person sessions each week
Who is this course for?
Patients must meet specific criteria in order to join this group program. Talk with your physician to see if it may be right for you.
If you have questions, please contact us at 780-410-8000 so you can speak with one of our Exercise Specialists.