- This event has passed.
GLA:D Program (H/K) – Oct 18 – Dec 1 – Virtual
November 22 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Wednesday and Friday, repeating until December 1, 2023
The GLA:D™ Canada Program is led by our Exercise Specialists.
GLA:D™ is a unique, seven-week, education and exercise program for people living with stiff and/or painful knees and/or hips, or those with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis. Research from GLA:D™ in Denmark shows participants report less pain, reduced use of pain killers, fewer individuals on sick leave, and being more physically active.
We’ll work with you on:
- improving your knowledge of osteoarthritis, risk factors and symptoms
- coping with the difficulties of daily activities associated with osteoarthritis
- controlling your movements and proper posture
- building muscular strength through functional exercises
- learning how to apply the exercises to everyday activities
Our Team Includes:
- your family doctor
- our Exercise Specialists
We’ll work on:
- education about osteoarthritis and the self-management of symptoms
- neuromuscular exercises that teach you how to control your movements and build muscular strength
How it works:
GLA:D™ is a seven-week, exercise-based program.
- 7-week program
- two, virtual one-hour sessions each week
Please Note: each session runs for 7 weeks:
Who is this course for?
Patients must meet specific GLA:D™ criteria in order to join this group program.
If you have questions, please contact us at 780-410-8000 so you can speak with one of our Exercise Specialists.
About the GLA:D program by the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation:
Research from the GLA:D program in Canada has shown:
- a mean 15-29% improvement in pain;
- over 30% of individuals experiencing a marked improvement in activities of daily living and sports and recreation;
- over 45% of individuals experiencing a marked improvement in quality of life;
Other outcomes include a reduction in pain intensity and reduced use of joint related pain killers.