CHANGE Program – Fall 2022 – In-Person
October 12 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until November 23, 2022
Are you feeling ready to make some lifestyle changes? We are here to help you. You don’t have to struggle alone. CHANGE is a ten-week series of sessions to help you take practical and simple steps to a healthier lifestyle. The program focuses on what’s needed to help prevent conditions that often progress to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
We will work on:
- eating healthier
- healthy movement & exercise
Our goal is to help you get healthier and work to prevent common chronic conditions and diseases. We want to work with you to start feeling healthier now and help prevent significant lifestyle habits and challenges that could make your life difficult instead of healthy and comfortable.
Our Team includes:
- your family doctor
- exercise specialists
How it Works:
- It starts with an assessment of your baseline health level including your aerobic fitness, muscular strength, and flexibility.
- We then work with you to understand nutrition and set activity goals with our support and supervision.
- The maintenance phase then helps you to develop these new skills into simple, healthy habits.
- To wrap up your learning we do a final assessment to take a look at how these changes are truly impacting your health, and to see how with even simple changes, you can reduce these health-issue indicators.
Who is this course for?
If your doctor has advised you have some or all of these health factors:
- high cholesterol
- elevated blood glucose levels
- high blood pressure
Take the short, five-question CHANGE Alberta questionnaire on metabolic syndrome to see if the CHANGE program may be right for you: